Recent Posts

Monday, June 1, 2009

News from the Dr's....

Well, went to the dr and waited for about 5 minutes for him to come and see me (which is relatively fast I think!) He asks me why I am there, I explained I had my blood results done and he asked to see me. He looks over the chart, and says that my thyroid is good, mentioned another level was good.... (so here I am holding my breath thinking that he is just giving me the good news first and then telling me the bad!) And then he says that my Prolactin level is SKY HIGH. I said "what is prolactin" he basically told me it was because I was breastfeeding still! I am taking a donperidone right now to ensure I have breast milk which in turn causes your levels to go higher... so that was all that was "wrong" with the blood test and he just wanted to ensure that I was not on any other medication that might be causing that. He told me that I could drop to just one tablet in the morning and one in the night as I am getting ready to wean her (she is already starting to shown signs shes ready, so just playing it by ear). I told him I had not really tried very hard lately as she does not seem to really like milk. He explained that I don't "have" to wean her to milk. Just give her a multi-vitamin and give her water (or juice but shes not too fond of juice either) and she will be fine. So that is what I will do. I wont worry/stress about trying to get her to like milk, will ensure she still gets calcium in other ways, and give her the multivitamin as well.

So that was it in a nutshell. Nothing wrong (knock on wood) and hopefully nothing will be wrong either ...ever~ lol. Well I have a feeling that this year (my year of being 32) was the cause of "health concerns" and when I turn 33 on the 17th of this month, should be over with the health problems and onto something new! lol.

First person to comment in the comments section wins a free archangel oracle reading.

9 comments:

rhinoz@slingshot.co.nz said...

Hi Cheri very happy to hear there was nothing to serious wrong with you!! And many happy returns for the 17th! Have a great week .

Roz - rhinoz@slingshot.co.nz

Lisa Storm said...

I know i haven't won the reading but i just wanted to say i'm glad it turned out to be nothing bad.
lisa xxx

Tycoben said...

I'm so glad it turned out to be something simple and all is well. :)

Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

So glad it was nothing too!
For what it's worth, my daughter also didn't want anything to do with cow's milk. The doctor said it was fine, since she was getting through a lot of yoghurt and cheese. She got over it eventually and now drinks milk all the time, but from about 12-24 months she didn't have any milk at all (except for in cereal.)

Anna

Krystal said...

Glad every thing is good!

Just a question didn't you offer a tarot reading earlier for those who offered advice about your eldest girl?

Wish you the best health this year and all your life! :)

Miranda said...

Cheri, Happy to hear that it was nothing serious! Hope your having a SUPER week and enjoying some of the nice weather!

lindsaycamp78 said...

I am so glad that it is nothing serious and that they could diagnose with a simple blood test. Are you sad that you have to stop breastfeeding? Your daughter will get her nutrition just fine elsewhere, but I know that breastfeeding is a special time between mom and baby:)

Missy said...

Glad everything is okay! I just really wanted to comment about your doctor coming in the room and then asking YOU what you were there for, LOL! I used to work for a Neurologist and she would always review the chart and get a short update from me (her nurse) prior to going in the room to see the patinet if she was not up to date on their case...which she usually always was, that's just good practice. Her patient satisfaction rating was very high. I know the family practioner I see always knows what's going on with me, even if it's been a year since I have seen her. Maybe women are just more eager to please their patients than men! I don't know...I have never worked for or seen a male physician. But happy to hear all is well!

Unknown said...

Glad everything turned out ok!