Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I spent an hour today burying my birthday present in the backyard!!!

I know this sounds silly, but I really did do just that! My mom came by today to make sure that I got her gift before my birthday. It was really nice of her to make the special trip out as I know its an hour drive, and during the week is a bit harder as there are more people on the road commuting for work. She stayed for a visit which was nice. My daughter really enjoy her company (especially my older one who thinks my mom is her playmate) She brought me a whole tray FULL of new plants to put in our yard! I had told her for my birthday I would love to have a bunch of bulbs (flowers) that I can plant in our backyard that would come back year after year. I also asked her to please remove any indication of what it was. I know, this sounds silly, but I wanted to be surprised when they popped up!

Rather than having me plant bulbs (that would not grow until next year) my mom actually brought me some other plants, that I think she said flower, and will come back year after year. So she took the tags out, I have no idea what it is, but my daughter and my husband helped me plant them all tonight! I can't wait!

Don't forget to email tomorrow with happy birthday wishes in the subject line and your entered to win. Information is in the post below!

7 comments:

Krystal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I already emailed you saying that but still :) That's nice you got some flowers! If we're staying in WA (still crossing my fingers on shore duty) I think we'll plant some flowers in our back yard since there's a bare spot.

Lawanna said...

Happy Birthday Cheri!

Missy said...

What a great idea...I like surprises like that! I will have to try that sometime...my MIL is always bringing me flowers to plant, I will have to tell her to remove the tags so we can be surprised! Thanks for the idea! :)

Unknown said...

Hope you are having a great birthday!!

Miranda said...

Hope you have a TERRIFIC day Cheri! Happy Birthday!

trying1009 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERI.. I HOPE YOUR DAY WAS FILLED WITH LOVE, HAPPINESS AND SMILES....

Unknown said...

happy belated Cheri!