Recent Posts

Thursday, August 6, 2009

MEN!

Well, my husband in particular this time! We had hoped to go away from Wednesday until Friday since he is currently on two weeks holidays. Come Wednesday he/we could not figure out where we wanted to go. The places we usually goto are currently on fire (Kelowna area and Lilooet) so they are off limits. So basically Wednesday came and we decided not to go anywhere. Oh well.

Then today, my husband suggests leaving tomorrow to go until Sunday and invite my sister and her family along. I asked him about his UFC fight he insisted we had to be home for on Saturday and he says that its not on till the following weekend. Fast forward an hour later, he calls me back, nope, the UFC is THIS Saturday so we are back to not going anywhere and he hopes I did not call my sister already. Thank goodness I had not!

I don't usually do "me" things during the day as I usually have my girls, but today arranged for my MIL to come over, and I went out and got my hair done. Something I have not done for over 3 years. Just some highlights put in. I went to staples, Zellers and such to get a birthday present for my dad, and the rest of the school stuff my daughter needs to start grade one. I get back to the house, pull into the driveway and my husband races over. He starts to freak out telling me that I hit the trailer and smashed in the front part of my grill.. really, cause I did not feel anything! I get out, and yep, my van is right against the hitch for my trailer. But you would think I would have felt me hitting it and I did not. So in my defense, I must have just bumped it as the van is FINE and so is the trailer and I felt nothing.

Then DH has to go and give me this big "speech" about how to drive the van and park it in the driveway.. like what the heck? Can you tell I was a bit annoyed? I had a great start to my day, to make a TINY mistake and hes telling me how to drive like I just learned. ARG! Needless to say I burst into tears and told him to go away! lol. He later came and apologized. He couldn't understand how i could hit the trailer and not realize it, but noticed there is no damage to the grill or any other parts of the van. I let him know I did not need him telling me how to drive or commenting on what happened. It was an ACCIDENT!

Oh well, just needed to vent!

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Awww Cheri i hear yah! Im still getting over a comment you know who made to me the other day. You know about it! Hugs.

trying1009 said...

I hear ya, I think it's a man thing. But to tell you the truth, I live near Penticton which is about an hour from kelowna. It's still nice and beautiful here in the sunny okanagan. Yes there is smoke, the fire is across the water from Kelowna. I hear it flared up again. I hope soon the get this fintry fire under control.. Have a great weekend.. Cheers...

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

I hate when my husband gives me those lessons? I always tell him , you know I have a high iq, i am fairly smart, give me some credit will ya?? so frustrating!!