Recent Posts

Monday, August 3, 2009

Help from beyond?

A storey to inspire! Here is the storey from a client of mine. She said I could post her ttc journey.

My journey and story of this pregnancy are odd. I have 2 other children. My daughter (born 02/09/2002) was a birth control accident, so when we decided to go for number 2, I figured it would be easy. 11 months later I got a positive test, and that October I had a son. It was amazing. We were very content with 2 children, but then suddenly in 2007 baby fever hit. So after discussion my husband and I decided I would stop getting the depo provera shot.
I had no idea at the time, but going on the shot was the worst thing I could have done for my body, I bled horribly and once I quit I didn't get a period for 7 months. We still tried for a baby, although I highly doubted I was ovulating. No DR I talked to would help me until I had been off the shot for at least a year, preferably 18 months. So if I got pregnant, it was going to have to be on my own, I tried temping, but I am easily frustrated and gave up.

What I believe really happened, and it depends on what you believe is:

On April 8th, 2009 my best friend, and Godmother of my daughter, passed away. Her death has touched me like nothing else. She knew how hard it was for me to get pregnant with my son. She had been there for both my pregnancies. On July 30th (on what would have been her 30th
birthday) I went about my usual routine and went to the laundromat. While waiting for the clothes to dry, i heard her voice telling me to buy a pregnancy test. So although I was only 5 days late (which was normal after the depo shot) and I didn't really feel like wasting the
money. I stopped at the drug store and bought the tests.

When I got home I took the first one and put it on the counter and picked up a magazine to read After I picked it up I looked over, and my test had 2 lines! I couldn't believe it, so I took the other 2 in the next few hours and they were all positive!

It's hard to say, and depends on what you believe, but I truly believe my friend in Heaven blessed me with this child she knew I wanted so bad.

S.