Recent Posts

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Do you ever have one of those weeks?

Its been a LONG week.. Lets say that it started for me on Friday last week. I run daycare during the day, and was washing the table after breakfast and noticed a "D" and "A" ENGRAVED into my kitchen table. As I have a child (hes 7) that comes here and has a D&A in his name, I thought it must be him. I have been working on my patience of not getting mad, and called his parents (the kids were already in school) and asked if they could stop by before heading to work and see if they thought he might have done it. Like any parent, they were mortified that he could have done something like that, but were already on their way to work and would stop by when picking them up.

After school calmly asked him to come upstairs and take a look. Asked if he did it, which he replied no. Asked if it was possible it was an accident, he still said he did not do it. (you can totally tell when hes lying, and with this he was being honest). Next kid at the bottom of the stairs was my 8 year old. Figured I would ask everyone. Turns out my 8 year old DID do it. At first tried to tell me her fork slipped.... Ummm no! Finally did tell me the truth and she started to cry. I am hoping that she learned her lesson. I did not freak out, but she knows I was dissapointed and upset.

Wednesday while sitting on the couch, turned and noticed that the 7 year old boy, is biting (yes biting with his teeth!)the top of my kitchen chair. They are cherrywood (I think) and here he is with his mouth on the top chewing away! I was shocked and mentioned something to that affect and told him to stop.

Today, (gosh I was so hoping today was friday!) noticed that my coffee table has a very large gouge out of it. I am unsure if one of the kids did it, or when I placed a heavy storage container on it, and took it back off if I somehow did it (I did check the container and no rough edges, but you never know).

It seems like things are being destroyed left right and centre! It can feel a bit overwhelming. The kids were VERY loud today, and started to play dress up which was nice. I started to put the dishes into the dishwasher from lunch/snacks, had to clean the one piece from the stove top as I spilled food on it. I turn the dishwasher on, walked to the living room (I can see the living room from where the kitchen is as its basically all one room) The 7 year old boy is wearing dress up clothes that have feathers on it. Hes spent at least 10 minutes tearing the feathers off and dropping it around the living room, down the stairs. In just a matter of 10 minutes this has happened.

After everything that has already happened this week, lets just say I was shocked. None of these kids would this be considered typical behaviour. I just basically asked if he thought this was fun for me... He looked shocked! I then told him I was going to get the vaccum and he was the one to clean it all up. I followed through with that, (yes I helped slightly) but hopefully he has learned his lesson!

So.. every have one of those weeks, where it just seems like things happen in a "streak" and it gets to the point where you can't do anything but laugh?

So tonight, I am exhausted, and a bit of a headache. Looking forward to hopefully starting next week off on the right foot. I will also post on Monday the next installment of the secret psychic. I might even give away FOUR readings that day and then release her information sooner! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Jaclin said...

I'm sorry Cheri to hear about your week being yucky!! But I totally understand. It seems like nothing goes right, and only gets worse. Some parents always think their kids are innocent. My parents always knew we did it...lol If the teacher or whoever told my parents they think we did something, my parents were like, "Yeah, which one did it this time?" lol We were bad kids, wait, still are!!

Hope your week gets better soon and you have a relaxing weekend. Try kicking back and relaxing with some good movies and Jasmine tea...that can always help :o)

Kristen said...

I have had many of those weeks! Have a cup of tea and relax this weekend! Hopefully next week will be better :)

ACrystalLilly said...

Cheri,

I have had one of those weeks too. So much to the point that I asked if it was a full moon. I am so sorry to hear that your things were damaged. I need some Sage to wipe out all the negativity from everywhere... or better yet... just erase the last few days thoughts from my mind or my husbands for that matter. hope all gets better.

Lori said...

I hope your weekend has been better than your week! Can you take it easy this weekend?