Recent Posts

Friday, June 17, 2011

Intuition and Self Esteem

Developing your intuition is something that many people want to do. But it takes something that many people do not pay attention to at all: their sense of self-esteem. Now, you might wonder what self-esteem could have to do with intuition. But the answer is really: everything. Intuition has many forms, some say that intuition is a mental capacity inside our brain, some say that it’s more an antenna that can somehow pick up information from some big network… but no matter what theory or model or idea you believe is “right”, the fact remains that a person with a good sense of intuition is able to make excellent decisions and has an almost unfair advantage over other people because of their ability to access information.
But sometimes, intuition might reveal something that shakes us up. If you have access to it, it is something that is always there. And sometime your intuition will point out to you something you may not want to hear. 
It takes a lot of guts to face these revelations. And if you do not have a healthy and strong self-esteem, then your own self will deliberately shut down the gates of your intuitive perception. If your intuition gives you pieces of insight into yourself, but you reject that insight, because it is not “how you want things to be” or how you planned them to be, then you are negating your own intuition. And you are doing so because of fear. But, if you have a weak self-esteem, it will not be enough, and it will be overshadowed by all these other things and you will stifle your intuition every time it points out something to you that you are uncomfortable with.
Think of all the mistakes you made in life. There are many mistakes we make in life that are just part of growing up, part of our learning process, and that is okay. Being a human being, part of our mission here is also to learn from mistakes. But do you have some mistakes that you regret more than others? Some particular mistakes that leave you with a feeling of remorse when you think back to them?
Well, those are the mistakes where your intuition basically warned you, and you did not want to listen. Remorse and regret are your intuitions way of saying: “I told you so – and if you want to make better decisions in the future and lead a happier life, then you better allow yourself to listen to your own inner wisdom next time.
The point I am getting to is this, even me, as a psychic/medium suffers from low self-esteem.  Each time I sit to do a reading, I need to trust in my intuition to receive the information.  Now developing my skills has definitely increased my self esteem, but once in a while, I need to check my ego at the door. J
Please remember to visit my site http://www.healingmessagesfromspirit.com/  and my Face book page Healing Messages from Spirit.   Once I reach 225 “likes”  I will be giving away some readings.  Also I now am doing free readings; just email me to be put on the list.  Right now I still have $5 TTC (month/gender), and $15 Fertility readings (month/gender for all pregnancies, issues with fertility and any info I get).

 Suzanne

2 comments:

Candyb said...

I've had moments of not wanting to believe what my gut was telling me. I've gotten better at it but I know now when I get that feeling in the pit of my stomach and my mind says "somethings not right here"....I actually start to listen and say ok yeah somethings not right here. Before I would always say....hmmm nah that can't be true...but several times of me trying to brush it off and then me getting slapped in the face, really woke me up and now I try to listen all the time. But every now and then I still have a moment where I say, am i just messing with myself, or is this real; ) I'm still working on that!!!

Anonymous said...

Great words of wisdom Suzie!! I agree 100%!!
Jen