Recent Posts

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thank you everyone!

Thank you everyone for leaving your comments in the Thursday contest. This really does help me figure out what to add to the blog and what to keep up. I have copied/pasted every single comment onto my word document so that I can keep it close and make sure to keep things coming up that everyone hopefully is interested in.

Now, I have the winners for the blog contest!
Winner for Brooke777 reading
Lucky #9 poster - Danielle 0501

Winner for cheri22 readings
Lucky #11 - Courtney
Lucky# 17 - Last cherry

So please contact me at cheri22@gmail.com to be able to claim your readings. Put "BLOG CONTEST" in the subject line and I can locate it easily.

Now onto today. Not sure if I have mentioned before or not, but I think that my daughter can read my mind. There have been MANY times that shes said the exact thing I was thinking. Other times shes finished what I was saying, only I did not say it out loud.

Sometimes I am not sure if shes reading my mind (telepathy) or if my premonition gift is kicking in! I picked my daughter up from school and before she came out, I was thinking of her inviting her friend (its a boy) over to our house after school. In my mind was working out what I would say, how we would fit him in...etc. The funny part of this, is that shes NEVER asked for him to come over for a play date, so its not like this is a common thing and just a matter of her asking me yet again.. Anyways, she gets out of her class and comes towards our van (I am parked close to where she comes out) She stops in front of the van and looks at me, then asks "can my friend (name here) come over for a play date today". And I said sure. So it caught me by surprise. I have no idea if she was reading my mind, or if my premonition was "warning" me about a conversation to come.

I have actually come out right and asked her if she can read my mind, or if she does, and shes told me yes, and then quickly changed her answer to no. Almost like shes covering up a "secret" that I am not supposed to know she can do lol. Shes said it before, by making an off comment about reading my mind, but I was not really sure what to make of it before. I have tried "mind" games where I think of something like an animal and ask her what I am thinking and she does not get it right.. so like I said, not sure if she can, but does not want me to know?

Today was a hard day for us here as well. Not sure if its because I was a bit tired. But she accidentally spilled her cereal all over the floor. I did get mad. I did not yell and scream or anything but I was angry and told her that she should pay more attention to what she was doing. (She was actually playing with the baby in the high chair and her elbow bumped her bowl and knocked it over). I should have just not worried about it as its only "spilled milk" as the saying goes, but I reacted..... she said " I wish I was grown up" and I asked "why?".. She said " so that I did not have to live here anymore". Gosh did that ever sting! I did start to cry. I did not want her to feel that way EVER, but here is my almost 6 year old saying that. I always try and be patient and understanding, but I like most parents do loose my cool. So any tips on how to keep my cool and not be so demanding! Anyone have any parenting books that can help put things into perspective. Like all parents, I just want to make sure that I am doing a good job and that my kids (and husband) are happy. So if my reading a book will help with that, then I am all for it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me and my husband have only been together 3 years and we seem to always be thinking the same thing at the same time. The amount of times that one of us will say something just as the other one was thinking it. The funny thing is now that me and my husband have started to do that it seems my son ( who's 9 and from a previous relationship ) has just to do the same. I don't know what cause's it. Wether it's mind reading or some for of psychic ability kicking in but it does make us laugh a lot.
As for losing your cool with your daughter. There's no parent without fault. We're learning every day how best to be a parent. Especially when it's with the older child because you'll be coming up to situations to handle you haven't had to before.
My son told me he hated me when he was 4 and said he wanted to go and live with his grandad. All because he wasn't allowed to play out lol.
It made me cry and i felt like i must be the worse mum in the world.
Now 5 years on we're like best friends. We love spending time together. Wether that's going out places or just chilling out together in front of the tv.
I've never used any books for advice, i just did everything totally opposite to what my mum did because she wasn't the best mother in the world.
Lisa xxx

dezerea said...

I don't have kids but I was that child who felt like that all the time. I think it would have helped if when I said that my mom would have told me how sad she would be if I was gone or how everyone feels like they want to escape sometimes. I think I told her I wanted to leave to get a reaction of caring or I hurt so bad at that moment that I wanted her to feel the same. I hope that helps, I'm sure that you are a great mom. Everyone has bad days, everyone wants to get away from life at times, just love eachother and tell eachother how much you care.

Anonymous said...

Aww that's sad that she said that. I remember saying that to my parents too, but I certainly didn't mean it. Chin up hon, she doesn't mean it.