Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The power of thought....

I have said it before and I will say it again, there goes alot for your power of thought. I have mentioned that you should read or watch the movie called "the secret". There is a book out there titled this, and I am sure you can rent this from the library or watch enough of it on YouTube to get an idea on how it works, and how it can work for you.

There is also the positive thinking exercises when it comes to trying to conceive that is posted her on this blog that really does work! I know it worked for me both times I used it, and I can tell you quite a few of my clients who have emailed me to let them know it worked for them too!

Now, this can work in other aspects of your life. I remember when I was working at my old company, I was there for over 9 years almost. I would feel like heading home. Having something I would rather do on a day that was otherwise going slow. I would feel horrible to lie and ask for the day off, so I would actually start feeling sick. The funny thing is, the symptoms where there, I had a headache, feeling nauseous, my body was going through cold and hot sweats, and so I would tell my boss I was feeling "off" and was just going to take the rest of the day off. He did not really care either way on days that were slow, so off I would go. Its like hitting the fresh air and on my way home was a trigger for my body and everything, all my symptoms disappeared as if my body was going along with my "thoughts' about how it would be so much easier to go home if I was sick.

Now that I am older/wiser, I realize that I can make myself feel better when I have a headache, by just telling myself that i feel good, telling myself the headache is going away..etc. I believe that there is so much you can do in the way of positive thinking, that does not apply to strictly trying to conceive.

Do you suffer from PCOS? Or even things like Endo? What about trying to "think it away". Okay sounds funny to say it like that, but what if it works? What if rather than concentrating on the fact you have it, actually instead seeing it in your minds eye, shrinking. Telling yourself that its no longer going to prevent you from trying to conceive, that everything is shrinking and making way for conception and then going right into the positive thinking exercises posted on this blog?

Why not? It could happen. Your power of thought is just that...power. People can often make things happen for themselves, but concentrating hard enough. Try meditation. I can give you powerful thinking phrases that are positive that you can incorporate into just about anything. if your interested in having some words you can say to yourself as a way of helping to shrink your endo, or help with PCOS, or even getting your cycle back on track... post in the comments section and I will make sure that I compose something like that for one of the next posts if people are interested.

Like all my posts, if there is something that your curious about, or do not understand something written here and have questions, leave a comment in the comments section (i do reply!) or email cheri22@gmail.com with BLOG QUESTION in the subject line. Please give me time to answer as I do get quite a bit of emails on a daily basis.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Cheri!
A few years back I had a "lesson" that needed to be learned. I had no idea what lesson that was, but a psychic family member told me about the power of the mind. Asked me to focus on something out of the norm, and watch myself create that.

So I imagined a BLUE colored bus. (Most out here are yellow or red). Sure enough...a week or so later, I saw it. I about died! LOL. So I completely understand how when I put enough attention, focus and EMOTIONAL energy into something, how I can manifest it.

But I have been TTC for 15 months now. Each time, I visualize the sperm meeting egg, egg implanting and creating life. I am almost 29 and have never been pg.

I've had several readings from Brooke, you and others. I have done a reading on myself as well. You said April (in Dec 07), Brooke said May-July (in March 08). Nothing.

I found out last month that my younger (and only) brother is going to have a baby! His first! I was both HAPPY, and SAD (for me). So I did a reading. It came up with "lesson." There was a lesson I needed to learn before I could get what I wanted.

I have been able to break free of the selfish, "Its all about me" attitude and have since been able to focus on better things, like me being an AUNT! :D

I did manage to BD around O this month, and visualized again. But I am torn. Both you and others are saying not until early summer. (To which I want to believe, but also WANT to believe I can change that prediction).

Is there a different visualization I could try to say, "speed things up?" I DO believe I can create "situations" "events" etc...For I HAVE already proved it to myself.

I'd really like to tell my brother that our children (cousins) will be only a few months apart!

Thanks!
Dayna

Niki said...

I'd like to read or watch the secret. Can you tell me who it is written by? thanks!

Cheri22 said...

Niki
Here is the "official" website for you to locate the information about "the secret".
http://thesecret.tv/

Cheri22 said...

Dayna

YES! There are other ways of being able to make things happen "faster". I believe that your doing a great job with the visualizing techniques, but how about stepping it up a notch. Most people are afraid of using positive affirmations as they are afraid to get their hopes up and then find out it does not work out as planned. As you mentioned, sometimes just because you want something bad enough, lessons get invovled and cause delays. OVERALL though, positive thinking is NEEDED despite any lessons you need to learn.

So, I want you to track your ovulation, if you know when its approx going to happen, i want you to mark it down on a calendar in BIG letters, I want you to write "THIS IS WHEN I WILL GET PREGNANT"

This calendar needs to be in a viseable location. Somewhere you can see it everyday and feel positive about it. This is something STRONG you can do (as well as anyone else) that sometimes seems to move things faster!

Anonymous said...

I watched the secret, and I think I put it to use. Somehow thinking over and over "I will not get stretchmarks in pregnancy" did not work though! Maybe I need to think about it harder! Hopefully the "I am thankful for my happy healthy normal baby boy" one holds up though ;)

Chandtisse said...

Hi Cheri,

I read your positive thoughts blog a while back and did the exercise this cycle. I just knew that it was going to work! I just came back from the doctor and I am not pregnant. I am wondering if you have any other positive thoughts exercises that you could suggest. I have read "Secrets" and thought it was awesome. I should dig it out and read it again. I am determined to have a baby this year!