Recent Posts

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Do you want to know the "best" way to get woken up?


well, I can tell you its NOT having your house alarm being set off at 4:30am AGAIN! This is the second time in one year that this has happened. Both times my husband has been away for the weekend! (he got back today)

I was sleeping, and woke up to the house alarm being set off. I was more worried about the baby being woken up and freaking out from the noise, so went and checked on her after I shut the alarm off.. Shes sound asleep! I then wait for the alarm company to call.. no call. I walk back to the alarm pad it shows the same code as previous.. back window.. which means the same floor I am on and down the hall. Can you say "chicken"!! I was too freaked out and pushed the "police" button to have someone come by and check out the house. All that stupid button does it set off the alarm AGAIN and then I have to shut it off again for the alarm company to call me. I managed to call 911 on the cell phone and request someone to come by and explained why. They had no problems with that at all. The alarm company calls, and they just asked why I pushed the button.. ah, because the alarm went off and it was a back window sensor!! DUH! lol. Okay, so perhaps not an entirely stupid question, but honestly, I am sure any woman would call for someone to come when just alone with the kids. (my eldest was on a sleep over). He told me I should have left the alarm on rather than pushing the police button.. Umm..gee.. last time this happened around a year ago, they told me I should turn it off so that way they can call. This gets so confusing which is why I was glad I didn't bother with them and just phoned the police myself!

A nice police officer came by and checked the place out and found no signs of entry.. so that is always nice to hear. But lets just say that I did not sleep very well for the rest of the night! Looking forward to hitting the sack hopefully early tonight!

Anyways, for the first five people who responded to the blog post, please email me at cheri22@gmail.com and put BLOG POST in the subject line so I can schedule you:). This would have been the post from Thursday!(about the bees) Congrats to the winners!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

I'd have to agree - that's not a good way to be woken up! I know I would be on edge too!

Patty D. said...

gosh that would scare me to death....that is one thing that I always worry about when My husband goes hunting is being at home without him and worrying if someone is going to mess around the house or something..I hate that happened to ya...

Miranda said...

That is very scary!! And another reason why I have dogs! lol they are sweeter than anything on earth but sure sound like big bad dogs!! Glad to hear things were safe and sound!!

Suie said...

OMG Cheri...

you were so brave!! id have poo'd my pants! glad everyone was safe tho!

xxx
suie@saxperience.com

A.D.F.W. said...

The little cartoon guy looks like Mario Bros on a stealing spree...lol