Recent Posts

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Did I ever mention i am a "penaholic"?

Yep, you read that right. I think I am addicted to pens. I know that a person can technically only use one pen at a time, but I just seem to love collecting them. I usually get them at the dollar store and like different types! I am not sure where this "collecting" started from or even why, but even though I probably have like 50 or more pens here at home, today while at the dollar store, I bought ANOTHER pack of like 5 pens that had neat colors. Got them home, all excited to use one for tonight while doing my work, only to find out that they are mechanical pencils! A funny thing about me (besides my obvious quirk on collecting pens) that I HATE the feel of velvet, it drives my fingers nutty, but also do not like the sound of mechanical pencils while they write!

Here is a picture of my pens (just so you can have a good laugh). Its all in my drawer of my desk.
I used to have it in this pen holder on my desk, but my little one decided it was a neat game to empty all of them out of the holder and spread them around on my desk!

Anyone else have a "collection" of things that they just keep adding to for really no reason at all other than they like to collect them?

This weekend was a busy one for me. I took both my girls and my friends daughter to the zoo today. Nice weather for it, cloudy and not too hot and not too cold. I actually let the littlest one out of the stroller and let her walk around a bit so she could really see it well (we have been before, but usually kept her in the stroller as she would tire easily and not want to walk anymore) I just thought it was so exciting today to see her sense of amazement in regards to the things she was actually paying attention to this time. The marmosets where really what got her attention and she was screeching so loud with excitement. I wish I had remembered my camera.

Something I plan on taping and showing all you is when I let the little one have some chocolate pudding (yes I know not the best thing for her, but it could be worse and it keeps her happy!) She gets COVERED over her face with it. She does NOT like to be dirty especially her hands. After letting her feed herself with a spoon, I bring her a mirror and show her what she looks like. She sits there for a second and registers that its her, and then she kind does this little whine/cry and you can tell shes upset that her face is dirty. Its so cute and funny! I am going to video tape it for everyone to see and try and post it in the next few days!

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Dont forget, tuesday is the last of the giveaways for the secret psychic!

7 comments:

Niki said...

Funny. As I read your blog, I looked at a brand new Pen brought to me by a coworker. He was in Seattle on vacation last week. Today I found a Space Needle Pen on my desk...along with some other goodies. But this Pen Lights up when you write with it!

ty206 said...

I am the same way with velvet and mechanical pencils. How funny!

Krystal said...

I love pens - don't buy many since I don't write often but it's fun to switch them out when writing when I do!! It sounds like you had a good weekend, I'm glad! I hope you're feeling better.

-Krystal (TTC again)

Dana said...

This is me. Totally! I have a pen addiction, too. Since high school, actually. My husband thinks it's an obsessive-compulsive disorder. But what does he know? Pens that write beautifully are my weakness. I think I steal them from the bank and gas station, too. :)

Lynn said...

Oh i think I do to. They have to write nice or they get tossed! I can not stand gel pens. Ugh. Can't stand they way they feel when I write. The best pen I have now is the pentel RSVP pens. (have them at work!). :-)

Patty D said...

Well my son Jacob is collecting pens like crazy also..we went to my parents house last night and he came home with about 20 different kinds being that they go and set up at flea markets she will pick him up some all the time..its really neat watching him...

Laurie said...

I think I collect a little of everything. I feel like a packrat.