Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Can Yoga help you concieve?

I was sent a link to a site about yoga and this particular yoga helping with fertility and conceiving! Do I think it will work? I always believe that when you can de-stress that it allows your body to open up to what is around it and allow things to come through. I have often suggested to my clients if they can't find a way to meditate, that perhaps trying yoga or the like would do the trick. So yes, its possible that yoga could actually help with fertility!

I thought others might want to check out this link, they sell a DVD called "Bend Breathe & Conceive" Fertility Yoga. There are testimonials on there and seems that the DVD is really cheap! Check out the site and find out more information for yourself and see if this would be a benefit to you!

Here is a tidbit from the site
Trying to conceive is among the most exciting times in our lives, filled with hope and exciting plans for the future.

But as many of us know all too well, trying to conceive can also be a time of great stress and anxiety, with pressure that steadily increases month after month.

This tension that comes with trying to achieve pregnancy comes with consequences of its own. “Fertility frustration” triggers the release of stress hormones, which in turn have a negative impact on reproductive balance and our ability to conceive.

Yoga can help to restore your reproductive balance and counter the effects of stress in a way that encourages successful conception. In fact, a recent clinical study found that just 10 weeks of yoga resulted in significantly increased conception rates.

http://www.bendbreatheandconceive.com/

2 comments:

Niki said...

Interesting indeed!

I have yoga on my wii fit that I never do because I prefer the areobics. I guess I need to get to it!

Anonymous said...

I actually do not find yoga relaxing at all! I would much rather go for a walk in the park.