Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

so who here has some "one day" these clothes will fit?

I have been going like crazy with the laundry and trying to put it all away while trying to entertain the baby. (Shes pretty happy with my underwear on her head as a hat! lol - YES THEY ARE CLEAN!)

Anyways, I was putting away my pants and opened my "pans" drawer. They are filled with my "one day these will fit" pants. I was thinking that I should try them on. I have still not lost all of the weight I put on with having the baby so was wondering how much longer I had before I would have to consider the pants to never fitting again. I know I technically get to blame the baby weight on the baby until shes one right? It seems with breastfeeding, I was told that the "weight just falls off". Well not for me. Seems like my body stores the extra weight for "just in case". I do not want to jeopardize breastfeeding as my goal is to feed her till shes one with breast milk and then slowly wean her off. So for me, I will worry about weight loss at that point.

But I am sure I have TONS of clothes that I need to go through that I probably don't have a hope in heck in ever fitting in again. I can't be the only one who has kept ahold of these clothes as in thinking perhaps one day I will actually fit back into them? Anyone?

4 comments:

trijane said...

Ha! I have the oposite problem. I have a few tops / dresses that I love, but they make me look pregnant (from what my husband says!). I have been holding onto them in hopes that I can wear them when I actually am pregnant.
I also have a ton of maternity clothes in a box (left over from my pregnancy three years ago). It is in a clear box and stares at me almost every day.
So, I sadly have a plenty of outfits to wear when I either get fat or get pregnant!

Lisa Storm said...

I used you have the same problem, but started to have no room for any clothes. So i decided to get rid of anything that didn't fit and when i do manage to shift the weight i will treat myself to new clothes as a treat for managing to lose the weight lol.
Lisa xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one! lol
I have so many cute clothes that will fit "one day." And they will...it'll just take some time. My baby is 10 months old...so I definitely say my extra pounds are from baby - no matter what my hubby says!
I have one pair of jeans that I love and look so good when they fit...I can't wait to get back into them someday.

Leslie said...

I do...but then again I've lost 50lbs so far so some of them WILL fit...LOL!